Claudia is the founding senior partner of Ortíz-Fonseca & Abogados. She qualified as a lawyer from Saint Thomas University in Bogota, Colombia, in March 1998. Additionally, she is a Spanish-qualified lawyer, having graduated from University of Huelva, Spain, in 2007.
- Specialist in Criminal Law at Saint Thomas University, Bogotá, D.C., 1998.
- Specialist in Economic Integration at Salamanca University in Spain 2000.
- Diploma in Conflicts Resolution at Javeriana University in Bogotá, D.C., in 2001.
- Professional Program in Journalism at Andes University in 2002.
- Diploma in International Human Rights at Rosario University, Bogotá, D.C., in 2002.
- Claudia has always sought to advance her learning and extend her knowledge of both civilian and common law systems. In 2012-2014, she studied at BPP Professional Education in London, which, of course, is where the common law of England has its ‘heart’.
- International Human Rights Legal Advisor at the Ministry of Defense – General Command – Bogota and at the same time she became a professor at the Air Force Institute in 1998-1999.
- Legal Adviser for the Air Force – Colombian Military Forces from 1999 to 2000.
- Between 2000 and 2002, Claudia headed up the legal office at the District Prison in Bogotá, D.C., and was later appointed Interim Director of the same establishment.
- From 2002 and 2004, she was appointed Head of the Legal Office at the Mayor Office in Usaquén, Bogotá, D.C., and then promoted to the position of Interim Mayor of Usaquén, Bogotá, D.C.
- Executive Vice President, Philippe De La Croix Associés, Zurich (2007-2009).
- Legal Consultant for Akos Healthcare from January 2012 to December 2013.
- Legal Consultant to RBS Wealth Management, Zurich, Switzerland, between August 2012 and December 2012.
- 1998: Admitted as a Member of the Colombian Bar Association.
- 2008: Enrolled as a Member of the Barcelona Bar Association.
- 2011: Registered as a European Lawyer before The Law Society of England and Wales.
- 2012: Admitted as a Member of Honourable Society of Lincoln's Inn. One of the four Inns of Court.
- 2015: Admitted as a Member of Koblenz Bar Association - Germany
Her professional practice focuses on civil, commercial and immigration law.
- Spanish (native)
- English (fluent)
- Italian (intermediary)
- Currently learning German.